One of the questions related to a resource for a basic understanding of assistive technology. Typically, when one person asks a question, the reality is that many are wondering the same thing. Here a few resources that provide an introduction to assistive technology. They are carefully selected so as not to be overwhelming:
- Federal Laws that pertain to Assistive Technology in Education.
- What does Assistive Technology consideration look like?
- Assistive Technology basics, decision making and tutorials for elementary age students.
- AT Cycle Toolkit -includes forms for IEP teams to guide consideration, decision-making, implementation and monitoring progress
- General AT categories and suggested products. Compiled by TechLearning, Oct. 2008.
Feel free to share others that you have found helpful.