- Speaking Fox - Unfortunately, Click, Speak doesn't seem to work easily on the Mac OS. SpeakingFox takes care of that and allows free online text-to-speech (TTS). Add it to your school toolbar and show all students how to use this tool. Some students may need to hear one word; for other students, this free tool makes the text accessible.
- Audio Pal - Add audio to your blog, wiki or website. Can record your own voice or add TTS. Free and cool possibilities
- Signed Stories - Many signed picture books with audio attached for hearing viewers.
- Try Different - Seth Godin always makes him points, concisely. "If it's not working, harder might not be the answer." Think of the applications in your daily work as an educator.
- Good Riddance to Print - NYT article. As eText becomes more mainstream, this has implications for our students who have print disabilities.
Saturday, March 06, 2010
Sharing the Knowledge
As a lifelong learner, I continue to learn about new tools and strategies which help improve my professional practice as an educator (and read articles that challenge my thinking). Here are some that I learned this week from my PLN: