It's often incredibly difficult keeping track of all our tech toys' chargers and cables. Do you have that problem? I know I waste too much time trying to locate everything when I need it. Those who know me can attest to the fact I'm not the most organized person, but I still try to put everything in it's place, if I can determine what that place is. Matching the chargers and the cables with the technology is challenging at best.
Enter two gadgets that fit my needs, NO chargers, NO cables, just a USB connection!
How cool is that?
I already own The Flip video camera and can not recommend it to educators highly enough. The Flip runs on double AA batteries, connects to any computer with a USB connection, installs it's own software, easily fits in a purse and is incredibly easy to use with surprisingly good quality videos. List price is $180.00 for 60 minutes of video. It's an indispensable tool:
- To demonstrate student progress - Record student progress over time; upload the videos and you have objective proof of improvement
- To share information - Record student performance for the team to view at an IEP meeting
- To Reflect on student presentations - students view themselves post-oral presentation to reflect on how they did and what they would change
- To use to record a field trip for later posting on the class wiki for family viewing at home.
- To Capture successes in the classroom
- For writing prompts - Record various scenarios
- As a memory enhancer - Capture audio directions for later review and repetition. Playback can occur either online, by uploading the video, or by the student reviewing on the Flip itself, at their desk
- Math Support Tool - Capture math instruction and allow the student to review the instruction when they need it
- Curriculum Support Tool - don't stop at math - use it in all curriculum areas!
- Social Story Creator - Use your Flip to create social stories in the classroom
MP3 player with lyric display, playback options, voice recorder and direct USB connectionI especially love the idea of the voice recorder feature with the USB connection. Anything with a direct USB connection wins major points for product design in my book.
Plug your MuVo into the computer USB port and simply drag and drop your music or files directly into your MuVo - no cables needed!
Check these tools out - you won't be disappointed.