Nominate one of your graduating seniors who is an RFB & D member identified with learning disabilities - Deadline is March 3, 2008.
The Marion Huber Learning Through Listening Awards are presented to RFB&D members who are high school seniors with learning disabilities, in recognition of extraordinary leadership, scholarship, enterprise and service to others.
Offered since 1991, the awards are given to six students who are chosen by a selection committee. RFB&D presents the three top winners $6,000 each and three special honors Winners $2,000 each.
For the purposes of this award, a learning disability is defined as a neurological disorder that affects a person's ability to receive, process, store, and/or respond to information, and which affects the person's ability to read standard print.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a specific learning disability (please note visual impairment alone does not indicate eligibility for this award)
- Have been registered as an RFB&D member for at least one year, up to and including the period of March 3, 2007 - March 3, 2008 (individually or through a school)
- Be a member of the 2008 graduating class of a public or private school or home school in the United States or its territories, including US military installations
- Have an overall grade average of B or above (or equivalent), based on grades 10 through 12
- Plan to continue formal education beyond high school at either a two- or four-year college or vocational school.