It's Friday, a great time to share some of the treasures I discovered this week, in no particular order.
1. Free Mac Text-to-Speech with highlighting (finally a WordTalk alternative for Mac users - Incredibly exciting news!) thanks to Dave at Infinitec
2. The video "1620" created by Barry Bachenheimer at A Plethora of Technology - see the other reason why 1620 is noteworthy in the field of education.
3. Voice Thread Tutorials - Those of you who follow my blog know how much I love VoiceThread for all learners - it is possible to use this free online resource to reach all the learners in our classrooms no matter whether they are gifted, have learning challenges or have cognitive deficits. This is truly a universal tool! Watch the VT tutorials here to learn how to get the most out of this wonderful tool. (this is from Beth at Thriving in School). Addendum: Larry Ferlazzo pointed out Langwitches excellent VT tutorial for education. Save this to delicious!
4. Lego Digital Creator - this is the virtual version of the toy that everyone loves. Get the free download here and you will have hours of fun!
5. The Well-Rounded Teacher - Jeff Utecht's graphic explains the difference between the 20th and 21st century teacher.
Add your own in the comments. We benefit from the collective wisdom of the educator network as vast as it is!